Wednesday 27 August 2014

Would I, could I or should I...?

























This is one of those situations that I never really have considered coming true. Last weekend I was doing some shopping in the local area, and so it happens that I have decided to have a little browse in the local Topshop. Even though I do not regard myself to be a regular customer, I like to pop in from time to time, mainly to catch up with current 'it' styles and trends. I was carefully examining the goods displayed in the accessories area, when lo and behold I have come across a collection of scrunchies! By saying that I do not mean two or three singled out scrunchies hanging at the bottom of the rack, I mean: the whole variety of all sizes, textures and colors, which were placed in the full customer's view. Baffled for a moment I have carefully examined few of them: I guess, to allow my sense of touch to catch up with the idea that what I see is actually true. The infamous 'scrunchie conversation' between Carrie Bradshaw and Berger (Sex and a City fans, know what I am referring to) came to my mind, and in a moment of clarity I have placed piece of fabric back to its original place. 
I thought to myself: I understand that 90's trends are back and all,  I can tolerate most of them, event the tattoo choker, but this? This is just way too much.
It has taken me good few days to digest the idea that the impossible just have happened and scrunchie has found its way out of the fashion grave.
Trends are a tricky thing as we all know it, and have a mysterious ability of converting our tastes and likes. Today, writing this post I am not so sure any more about my 'total' rejection of this ultimate 90's accessory. At the end of the  day, Carrie was only a fictional character, not some ultimate fashion guru, right? And on the plus side, those scrunchies do not seem that bad when incorporated into a messy bun. They do look kind of cute in fact, especially those with sequins all over them, like sparkles or tiny stars or... Damn you fashion!    

No comments:

Post a Comment