Wednesday 27 August 2014

Velwyn Yossy



I have woken up unusually early this morning, and being unable to go back to sleep, I have decided to check out couple of my favorite art web pages, in the search of something that would be able to capture the mood of current days. As we all know, summer is officially over (at least here) and it seems like there is no chance of it coming back any time soon. So yes, it is miserable and it is raining: third day in the row in a matter of fact, and I find myself fantasizing about our electric heater when I come back home from work. It is this time of the year when we all start digging through the forgotten parts of our closets in a search of something snug and waterproof, and in our time off we look for a comfort in a worm cup of tea, some scented candles and a blanket. This is a kind of a feel that I get looking at Velwyn Yossy's work, which is kind of funny taking into account the very graphic nature of her illustrations. Maybe it is the softens of the curves or the stroke of the paint bush, but there is definitely something cozy and serene about her style.      

No comments:

Post a Comment